Certificates of Total Mass Diverted
All pickups are tracked and weighed so that recycling and sustainability coordinators know exactly how much food waste is being generated and diverted from landfills. Each quarter, TAIS will provide your company with a Certificate of Total Mass Diverted that includes the total number of pounds collected. This certificate can be submitted to the Department of Solid Waste to comply with Puerto Rico's "Ley 70", or the "Reduction and Recycling Act".
We conduct a pre-service analysis to identify your company's specific needs and capacities. A customized service is then designed based on the amount of food scraps and mixed recyclables your company generates, and the particular layout of your food handling and recycling areas.
Your food handling and recycling teams will be provided with all materials needed to achieve proper food scrap separation, effective fermentation, and efficient recycling. We provide semi-annual training sessions as well as constant feedback to ensure that your employees are always well-trained.
Pickup Every 2 Weeks
Our innovative service is based on fermentation of the separated food scraps. This allows us to schedule pickups once every two weeks, rather than once every two or three days as compared to conventional food recycling methods. Our service does not require the use of expensive high energy equipment or plastic bags, and your employees will not need to clean dirty containers. Food waste will be compressed to that maximum capacity of the containers. The result is a hyper-efficient system for your facilities staff that provides a solution for a waste stream that is difficult to manage while reducing service costs and carbon emissions.
10 ADVANTAGES OF OUR SERVICE
1. Accepts difficult-to-manage waste stream such as meat, grease, bones, and dairy products.
2. Contributes to LEED scores and Corporate Sustainability objectives.
3. Increases overall recycling rates.
4. Does not use costly equipment.
5. Does not consume electrical energy or water.
6. Cleaner garbage containers - reduces cleaning costs and dramatically reduces pests and vermin.
7. Reduces frequency of garbage pickup.
8. Reduces overall cost of solid waste disposal.
9. Does not use plastic bags.
10. Minimal work interruption for food service provider.